What is the right linux filesystem?
While researching the filesystem performance for a customer a while ago I have come across val Henson’s presentation. It is good starting point for anyone deciding on best choice for a filesystem.
The structure of the presentation.
– Understanding your workload
– File system performance basics
– Differences between file systems
– Example workloads and file system choices
– Workload Q&A describe your workload
– Quick peek at future Linux file system development